Join our team
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is a center of expertise for the production of biopharmaceuticals using a unique human cell expression system.
The CAP®GT cell platform, as one of our core technologies, provides a unique system for the industrial production of viral vectors. CAP®GT cell lines are fully documented and comply with regulatory requirements. Growing in serum-free suspension culture at high densities, the cells provide a fully scalable vector production platform. Our second core technology, the CAP®Go expression platform, comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins. CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is offering a position for a
Head of the Upstream Cell Culture Unit (M/F)
- Upstream process development in close interaction with our customers and transfer process and technologies from benchtop to pilot scale and finally the GMP manufacturing facility, including counseling and guiding.
- Evaluation and characterization of cell lines and processes in scale down models (ambr15) and implementation of upstream processes in bioreactors for production and analysis of in house generated recombinant glycoproteins.
- Document and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project plans and scientific reports.
- Supervise and train technical assistance.
- Work in close collaboration with external partners.
- You hold a Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent, and you have at least 3 years work experience in commercial biopharmaceutical protein manufacturing with mammalian cell culture technology.
- You have extensive knowledge of scale up and technology transfer of mammalian cell culture manufacturing upstream processes into commercial scale.
- Experience with high throughput scale-down micro-bioreactors, benchtop, and single-use bioreactors is highly desirable. Experience in operating perfusion bioreactor culture systems is a strong plus.
- You possess knowledge in using design-of-experiment (DoE) and other experimental methodologies to support process improvements.
- You have experience in leading a team, furthermore you are a strong team player with excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
If you are interested, please send us your application (cover letter, resume, and certificates) to the following address (e-mail):
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH
51105 Cologne, Germany