Join our team
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is a center of expertise for the production of biopharmaceuticals using a unique human cell expression system.
The CAP®GT cell platform, as one of our core technologies, provides a unique system for the industrial production of viral vectors. Our second core technology, the CAP®Go expression platform, comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is offering a position for a
Group Leader Upstream Process Development (m/f/d)
- Development of upstream processes from benchtop to pilot scale in close interaction with internal and external customers.
- Characterization and optimization of processes in scale down models (ambr15), following scale-up into bioreactors for production.
- Transfer of optimized processes to the GMP manufacturing facility, including consulting and guiding.
- Document and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project plans and scientific reports.
- Supervise and train technical assistants.
- Work in close collaboration with our external partners.
- You hold a Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent, and you have at least 3 years work experience in commercial biopharmaceutical protein or viral vector manufacturing.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture technology experience.
- You have extensive knowledge of scale-up of mammalian cell culture manufacturing processes into commercial scale.
- Experience with high throughput scale-down micro-bioreactors, benchtop, and single-use bioreactors is highly desirable. Experience in operating perfusion bioreactor culture systems is a strong plus.
- You possess knowledge in using design-of-experiment (DoE) and other experimental methodologies to support process improvements.
- You have experience in leading a team, furthermore you are a strong team player with excellent English communication skills, both oral and written.
We offer outstanding development opportunities in the young team of a fast-growing technology company with a strong proprietary intellectual property portfolio, friendly working environment, modern laboratory equipment and attractive remuneration.
If you are interested, please send us your application (cover letter, resume, and certificates) to the following address (e-mail):
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH
51105 Cologne, Germany