Join our team
CEVECPharmaceuticals is a center of expertise for the production of biopharmaceuticals using a unique human cell-based expression system. One of our core technologies, the CAP®Go expression platform, comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins. The cells are highly efficient for the production of a broad range of difficult to express glycoproteins and provide authentic human post-translational modifications. CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins. Our second core technology, CAP®GT, provides a novel platform for the industrial production of viral vectors. CAP®GT cell lines are fully documented and comply with regulatory requirements. Growing in serum-free suspension culture at high densities, the cells provide a fully scalable vector production platform.
Within the Upstream Process Development group, we are offering a position for a
Technical Assistant Upstream Process Development (USP) (M/F)
The USP development group at CEVEC is responsible of the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for glycoproteins and recombinant viral vectors for gene therapy using CAP® cell lines as a production platform. To further strengthen our USP group, we are looking for a Technical Assistant.
You will work in a team, which is responsible for conducting experiments from small- to mid-scale bioreactors and documentation of the results. Results are evaluated together with the members of the team and regularly presented to the other groups, the scientific management of the laboratory and/or to the clients. Beside experimental activities, general lab tasks are part of the function. We have a strong focus on continuously improving our (working) processes, to which you are also expected to contribute.
- Planning and performing general cell culture operations and specific experiments using bioreactors (small to middle scale).
- Execution of the subsequent analysis such as (but not restricted to) ELISA, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE.
- Computer-aided analysis, documentation and presentation of the results to the scientific management of the laboratory.
- You have completed a professional training as a technical assistant or laboratory assistant in the fields of biotechnology, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or pharmacy.
- You have at least two years’ professional experience.
- You have strong knowledge in mammalian cell culture (cultivation of mammalian cells, analysis of productivity and growth curves, analytics).
- Experience in Upstream Process Development involving bioreactors is a plus.
- You are daily working in a computer-aided environment (Microsoft package or equivalent).
- You work in a structured and self-responsible manner, have a high level of teamwork, flexibility and a sense of responsibility.
- Being proficient in English and German (spoken and written) is essential for your work.
If you are interested, please send us your application in English (cover letter, CV and certificates) to the following address (e-mail):