Join our team
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is a center of expertise for the production of biopharmaceuticals using a unique human cell-based expression system. One of our core technologies, the CAP®Go expression platform, comprises a portfolio of glyco-optimized human suspension cell lines for tailor-made glycosylation of recombinant proteins. The cells are highly efficient for the production of a broad range of difficult to express glycoproteins and provide authentic human post-translational modifications. CAP®Go has proven to enhance the activity, stability and serum half-life of several candidate proteins. Our second core technology, CAP®GT, provides a novel platform for the industrial production of viral vectors. Growing in serum-free suspension culture at high densities, the cells provide a fully scalable vector production platform.
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is offering a position for a
Technical Assistant Upstream Process Development (USP) (M/F)
The USP development group at CEVEC is responsible of the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for glycoproteins and recombinant viral vectors for gene therapy using CAP® cell lines as a production platform. To further strengthen our USP group, we are now looking for an addition to our team.
Your main responsibilities
- Planning and performing general cell culture operations and specific experiments using bioreactors (small to middle scale).
- Subsequent analytics such as (but not restricted to) ELISA, Western Blot, SDS-PAGE.
- Computer-aided analysis, documentation, and presentation of the results to the other internal departments, the scientific management and to our clients.
- Preparation of scientific reports and SOPs.
- You have completed a professional training as a technical assistant or laboratory assistant in the fields of biotechnology, biology, chemistry, biochemistry or pharmacy.
- You have at least two years’ professional experience.
- You have strong knowledge in mammalian cell culture (cultivation of mammalian cells, analysis of productivity and growth curves, analytics).
- Experience in Upstream Process Development involving bioreactors is a plus.
- You are daily working in a computer-aided environment (Microsoft package or equivalent).
- You work in a structured and self-responsible manner, have a high level of teamwork, flexibility and a sense of responsibility.
- Being proficient in English and German (spoken and written) is essential for your work.
If you are interested, please send us your application in English (cover letter, resume, and certificates) to the following address (e-mail):