JOIN OUR TEAM
CEVEC Pharmaceuticals is a leading provider of high-performance cell technology for the manufacturing of advanced biotherapeutics. The company’s product portfolio comprises platform technologies for gene therapy viral vectors, viral vaccines, exosomes, and complex recombinant proteins. Our unique ELEVECTA® platform is specifically designed for AAV manufacturing, while CAP®Ad addresses adenoviral vectors. CAP®Go is the platform of choice for complex recombinant proteins.
We are looking for a
HEAD OF VIRAL VECTOR PRODUCTION (M/F/D)
The Viral Vector Production team is based in Cologne. The team is responsible for the production of recombinant viral vectors using human suspension cell lines. In this position, you will coordinate all projects launched in your team, from shake flask to small- to mid-scale bioreactors, as well as high-throughput screening (HTS) using scale-down models.
- Lead a dynamic and cross-functional team of scientists and research assistants, driving technical guidance and contributing to advance team-skills.
- Development and coordination of production processes with mammalian suspension cells with a strong focus on AAV production (scale-down models to pilot scale).
- Technology transfer to clients or contract manufacturing facilities, including consulting and guiding.
- Write project plans and scientific reports, and allocate team resources according to project priorities.
- Work in interdisciplinary project teams, cooperating in close collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Write and review internal documents, SOPs and documentation of batch-specifications.
- You hold a Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Biotechnology, or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of mammalian cell culture.
- 3+ years post-doc work experience, ideally in biopharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of gene therapy vector production, in particular AAV, is a strong plus.
- Team leadership experience is a must.
- Ideally, you have experience with high throughput scale-down micro-bioreactors, benchtop, and single-use bioreactors as well as in operating perfusion bioreactor culture systems.
- Familiar with analytical methods related to mammalian cell culture manufacturing processes.
- Experience in project management is highly appreciated.
- Strong sense of responsibility, communication skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Proficient in English (spoken and written).
If you are interested, please send us your application (cover letter, resume, and certificates merged in a single pdf document) to the following email address: