PRESS & MEDIA
Scaling AAV vector manufacture: overcoming roadblocks to the translation of gene therapies
Cell & Gene Therapy Insights – May 15, 2020
“The major challenge I anticipate will be to bring down production costs. The current price of gene therapies makes it inaccessible to so many patients worldwide.”
Read the interview with Nicole Faust, CEO of CEVEC and learn about AAV production with ELEVECTA® – Stable Producer Cell Lines enabling full scalability, consistent quality and a robust production process.
ELEVECTA® STABLE AAV PRODUCER CELL LINES
Free Accessible Webinar – Cell & Gene Therapy Insights – May 5, 2020
During our webinar at Cell & Gene Therapy Insights on May 5, CEVEC’s CSO Dr. Silke Wissing introduced the unique technical features of the newly launched ELEVECTA® technology, the first stable producer cell line technology for AAV gene therapy vectors. If you missed it, you can access the replay here:
Cevec Pharmaceuticals GmbH has launched a new, scalable production platform for AAV gene therapy vectors.
At the time of Cevec Pharmaceuticals’s announcement, US researchers reported that AAV gene therapy might be the most promising way to bridge the therapeutic gap until a COVID-19 vaccine is available.
European Biotechnology, April 29, 2020
CEVEC Announces the Launch of the ELEVECTA® Platform – the Stable Producer Cell Line Technology for AAV Gene Therapy Vectors
- ELEVECTA® takes viral vector manufacturing to the next level to serve the rapidly growing market of gene therapy applications
- Growing serum-free in suspension, ELEVECTA® producer cell lines enable fully scalable high-performance AAV vector production based on standardized processes widely used in industry for monoclonal antibody production
- With all components stably integrated into one cell, the ELEVECTA® technology provides large scale AAV production without expensive cGMP-grade plasmids and complex transient transfection steps
Cologne, Germany, April 28, 2020
CEVEC signs license agreement for the development and commercialization of exosomes for therapeutic use
- Agreement with Evox Therapeutics supports the utility of CAP® technology in the production of exosomes
- Exosomes offer distinct advantages as highly effective drug carriers
- Evox Therapeutics intends to develop CAP®-derived exosomes for several disease areas and indications
Cologne, Germany, April 16, 2020
CEVEC and CellGenix announce the launch of GMP-grade TGF-ß1 for cell and gene therapy applications
- CEVEC’s CAP®Go technology enables CellGenix to offer rh TGF-ß1 in preclinical and now also in GMP-grade quality, allowing a seamless transition from preclinical to clinical development and commercial manufacturing of cell therapy products
- Successful launch further proves the robustness and efficiency of CEVEC’s CAP®Go technology for the production of complex glycoproteins
Cologne, Germany, December 19, 2019
Make It Ten
Creathor Ventures – November 2019
Read the interview with Dr. Nicole Faust, CEO & CSO of CEVEC, as part of Creathor Ventures’ interview series “Make It Ten” with the founders or CEOs of their portfolio companies.
How to Solve the Manufacturing Bottleneck in Gene Therapy?
Labiotech.eu – October 2019
With over $4B raised in the first half of 2019 and approximately 370 clinical trials underway, the global gene therapy sector is booming. Recent years have seen a steady increase in the number of trials and the amount of money invested. As therapies shift to more common diseases and larger patient numbers, new manufacturing solutions are needed. Labiotech spoke to CEVEC Pharmaceuticals about recent trends and new standards in gene therapy manufacturing.
- Learn about latest trends in commercializing gene therapies and learn about CEVEC‘s stable AAV Technology using helper virus-free producer cell lines.
Closing the production gap in gene therapy – A scalable helper virus-free AAV production platform
Free Accessible Webinar with Dr. Nicole Faust – Cell & Gene Therapy Insights – July 2019
With gene therapy projects moving towards more common diseases, such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, Parkinson´s disease or Alzheimer´s disease, there is a growing need for large-scale viral vector production, in particular for adeno-associated viral (AAV) vectors. However, current production systems rely on transient plasmid transfection or helper viruses and are thus hardly scalable. The webinar will address solutions to overcome this production gap in gene therapy.
- Learn how CEVEC´s stable, helper virus-free AAV platform overcomes scalability issues by moving AAV production to stable producer cells.
BIO-Europe Spring 2019: Industrializing gene therapy production the CEVEC way
Interview with Dr. Nicole Faust, CEO & CSO
Pharma Intelligence, Informa – published on April 30, 2019
CEVEC closes major financing round to further expand and commercialize its viral vector manufacturing platform
- Funding strengthens CEVEC’s leading role in viral vector manufacturing technology
- CEVEC’s technology allows for industrial scale manufacturing of AAV vectors and opens the field for gene therapy applications in a wide range of indications
Cologne, Germany, April 16, 2019
These Cell Lines Give Biopharmaceutical Development a Boost
Labiotech – March, 20, 2019
Interview with Dr. Ulrich Kettling, VP Business Development
The search for novel biopharmaceutical agents is an ongoing challenge in pharma research and drug development. The cells that express such therapeutics play a crucial role in this search. However, researchers often face a number of problems with cell lines, including productivity, quality, robustness, and challenges when scaling-up.
The team at CEVEC has developed a technology that allows for the development and production of innovative biopharmaceuticals, such as complex therapeutic proteins and gene therapy vectors.
CEVEC Grants Full Distribution Rights for CAP®-CDM Cell Culture Medium and CAP®-CDM Feed to Xell
- CAP®-CDM Medium and Feed was developed by Xell for high performance cell cultures of the CAP®Go cell lines commercialized by CEVEC
- While in the past CAP®-CDM was sold exclusively by CEVEC to its customers, Xell will be the future sole distributor of the product
Cologne, Germany, January 25, 2019